.:december 2011:.

The month of December is always crazy for our family! Birthdays galore and of course, the celebration of Christmas!! Other than the cold, this is one of my most favorite times of the year!! Our first stop in December was my dad's birthday. He has been through so much this last year, and I love him so much! I couldn't ask for a better Dad, especially considering I'm a daddy's girl! :)

I decided to take some of my vacation before the year was up and I lost about 40 hours worth of vacation. I was all prepped and ready to sleep in, when at 10:00 the night before my dad asked me if I wanted to go elk hunting with him the next day.....OF COURSE I DID! There went my plans of sleeping in, but I was so excited! I got everything ready and bright and early the next day we headed up into the mountains!  We saw a coyote, wild turkeys, antelope, deer, bald eagles, golden eagles and TONS of elk...but unfortunately, we didn't get close enough to shoot any of the elk...maybe next time!
Looking out over the mountains up at Francis Ranch! 
CAMOUFLAGE!!

CHRISTMAS!!  We had a fun Christmas at our house. Just ma, pa and myself! I actually woke up pretty early for being able to sleep in! It was a good day though filled with yummy food, presents and family! You can't beat Christmas at my Grandma Sommers' house!!  Two days before Christmas, Shari went into early labor with her twins. They were able to stop the contractions, but she was put on bed rest, so last minute on Christmas night, my dad, mom and I decided to go up there and help her out for the week. So we packed until about midnight and were on the road at 6am. It was a fun week with Shari and the boys!! I miss them so much and get pretty homesick when I go to visit! My sister will probably kill me, but here are some pics of her and her twins...


Comments

Popular Posts