.:july 2011:.

July was an EXTREMELY busy month!! Started off with a Relay for Life Softball Tournament...which happened to fall on the same day as an all nighter volleyball tournament. Did I manage to play in both you ask? Yes, yes I did! And it was a blast!! This was followed by the Fourth of July and then right after that I was off to Tucson, AZ for my friend Ashley's wedding! I had such a good time in Tucson. We went and visited Tombstone, AZ and saw the re-enactment of the OK Corral and Wyatt Earp. Then the wedding was the next day. It was such a beautiful wedding and day all around. I met some amazing people while I was there and hope that we stay friends for a long time!

In Tombstone, AZ
I was determined to get my picture with a tall as can be cactus..found one!

With the bride and groom (Ashley and Eric) don't mind that my eyes are closed...
With one of my favorites, my friend Ashley

After getting back from Tucson, I went to the Journey/Foreigner concert, talk about a blast!! I love me some Journey! And then came Pioneer Day. Barry had planned a hike from the top of Big Mountain to Mormon Flats. Just my dad, Barry, Cameron and myself. We had such a good time! I love those boys! Not to mention the fact that it was a beautiful hike!! And to round out the 24th, we went and watch Tara's son Jason race motocross at Rocky Mountain Raceway and they finished off the races with quite the firework show! 
Jack and I at the races 
The track...Jason sure can ride!! That kid is amazing on a bike!
For Pioneer Day, Barry had an idea that we should hike from the top of Big Mountain down to the Mormon Flats, in remembrance of the Pioneers. So off we went, just my dad, Barry, Cameron and I. We had such a good time just talking and walking along! It was such a beautiful hike!!
Starting off on our hike, at the top of Big Mountain
All of us just leaving the house (sorry they are out of order)
Some of the way down the hike
Our dad told us to wave to him...yes, we're still his little kids!!


The view from the beginning of our hike
Our view at the end of the hike


The last thing I did in July was a week long business trip in Seattle. We had such a fun time! I have to say, I work for one of the best companies around!! If you know me, I don't like seafood...while on this trip, I managed to try: lobster, sushi, crab, salmon, shrimp, oysters and more...I was brave, but I still don't like it! :)
My view during the day while in Seattle...
Me giving my presentation. I was nervous as could be, but it turned out pretty okay.
Meagan and I during one of our breaks
About to try an oyster....I was stoked, as you can tell... :)





Comments

Popular Posts