.:Amazing:.

I think that the Sacrament Meeting that I attended on Sunday was one of the most powerful ones that I have been a part of. After not getting much sleep two nights in a row, and knowing that I had a somewhat long day ahead of me, I wanted nothing more than to catch a quick cat nap during sacrament meeting. As Bishop Parry stood up to announce the meetings program, we noticed that there was nobody, other than the bishopric sitting on the stand. Bishop proceeded to tell us of his love of music, and just how powerful it can be. There is always a time in one's life where a song that you have heard repeatedly throughout your life, but in one certain situation, as you hear the song played, the words will really stand out to you and make such an impact, and it is an experience that you do not forget. Our Bishop asked us all to participate in the meeting, if we felt so inclined to share with the rest of the congregation our favorite hymn, and why, followed by the congregation singing one verse of that hymn. I have never been so moved in my life, as to sit and hear some of the stories that have changed peoples lives, the experiences that they have had, and that stick with them. I can't remember a time in my life where I had gotten goosebumps over and over for more than an hour. That is truly a feeling that I will never forget!

Comments

Tasha Limb said…
We had a sacrament meeting like that in July, I loved it so much! I told Josh's dad about it (he's in the bishopric) and he did it in their ward, they loved it to. I think it is tradition in our ward here, I can hardly wait till next time!

Popular Posts