.:Help:.

On Tuesday I was informed that the home of a family that I was very close to up in Washington had burned down on Sunday, December 14th, while the family was at church. There is little to nothing left of their house and due to the antiquity of their house, they were not covered by fire insurance. Due to the location of their home and the time that passed until anyone was made aware of the fire, there is little to nothing left of their home or any of their possessions. Currently local members of their Church as well as family and friends are assembling together to provide food, clothing, shelter and basic necessities. While this can help them to get by, they cannot do it alone. There is so much that can and MUST be done to help this wonderful family get back on their feet.Christmas is so very soon and what a blessing it WILL be to provide any amount of funds or donations to help rebuild not only their home, but to aid such a special family that has helped to touch so many lives. A bank account has been set up in the name of "The Mills Family Fire Relief Fund" only accessible by the Mills Family and Religious Leaders assisting the family. Any donations would be greatly appreciated. Donations can be sent to:
Bank of Whitman
Mills Family Fire Relief Fund
S. 201 Main, PO BOX 270
Colfax, WA 99111

This family has touched my life, and there will always be a special place in my heart for all of them. They welcomed me into their home as I was dating their son, and I stayed many nights with them at their home, since they lived a ways out of Pullman. They opened their home to me so thoughtfully when I came to spend time with their son. Breakfast was always waiting for me on the table before I had to run off to work in the morning, or fruit cut up and in a bowl to eat in the car if I was running late. They always let me sit in for their family home evenings, and treated me as if I was one of their own. I never entered their house without a hug, and I never left their home without a hug. They are probably the happiest people that I have ever met. And when I made mention of their loss, the response I got was: "It's okay. We're all doing fine." No pity, no anger. Just purely amazing people. Any little bit will help this amazing family get back on their feet. My love goes out to them in their time of need, especially as we approach this Christmas holiday. To the Mills family: Thank you for all that you are, and the example you exude, I love you all more than you know!

Comments

Popular Posts