.:Finally:.

I AM A WORKING GIRL AGAIN!!

After, probably the longest 2 months of my life, I went to work today! I am working at the corporate headquarters for Flying J Travel Plaza as the Internal Audit Administrative Assistant. Although, today wasn't the most exciting day, as it had a lot to do with orientation and just getting to know the company guidelines and just getting to know the people on my floor alone is going to take some time! I feel like a grown up all of the sudden having a "corporate" job. I have a feeling that I am really going to like it there. There is 5 guys in my department, including my boss, and they are a great bunch of people. But there are over 1,000 employees in our building, so that will take some getting used to, from having about 36 at the dealership, and knowing all of them personally, but I'm up for the challenge. I was paid a pretty nice compliment by someone that I met today. They told me that Stan, my boss, is really picky about who he hires, and that one of the positions in my department was open for 8 months before they hired one of the guys that I'll be working with! And he told me that he probably interviewed about 15-20 for my position, so although that is flattering, it is also a lot of pressure! It will be a fun new experience though! I'm buckled up and ready for the ride!
This is the beautiful building that I get to work in every day...(outside of this building is where I also got my senior pictures taken! haha It is really nicely landscaped!)

Comments

Tasha Limb said…
Congratulations! Love ya! Miss ya!
Tirsa said…
Congratulations on your new job. I'm sure you will be great at it and that you are the right person for the job. Good luck!

Popular Posts