.:An Amazing Man:.

Today marks the one year anniversary of the passing away of my Grandpa Johanson. As I reflect back on this amazing man's life, and the legacy he started that lives on through his own children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, it becomes more apparent to me that he is gone. Living in Washington for the past six years, I only got to see him about every six months, and now being home, it has hit me hard the he is in fact, gone. I miss the little chuckle he'd have as he was telling a funny story. Waiting in line for him to finish with the pepper at the dinner table. The wonderful hugs he'd always give. But most of all, I miss the sound of his voice when he'd say, "How are ya sis?" He was such a kind, gentle, loving man. He was such a hard worker, and did all he could, for as long as he could. He always stood so tall, in stature, but moreso in example! I don't know of any other man who would pursue a mission in their old age with the amount of trials that he had to face while in the field. He has shown us all a true definition of love, whether you were born into his family, or married in, you were one of his own from the first time you said hello! In everything he did, there was a lesson taught, whether you were young or old, you came away from your time with him, a more knowledgable person. Thank you Grandpa Jo for all that you have done for me, made for me, and shown me in the time that we shared on this earth together. A big part of who I am, is thanks to you. You are a truly missed man, but your legacy lives on, and the memories will never be forgotten.
I love you Grandpa!
Love,
Sis

Comments

Tirsa said…
That is such a sweet tribute to your Grandpa. What better legacy for him to leave than a family that loves him.
.:sommersclan:. said…
He definately was a wonderful man. I sure do miss him. I wish that he was here so that he could play with Jackson and could see him grow up. Grandpa always had a way of making Jackson's stuggles a lot better. What a great tribute to a great man!!!

Popular Posts