.:Memorial Day Weekend:.

For Memorial Day weekend I went and visited my friends Ashley and Kristen over in Camas, WA...About 20 mins north of Portland, OR...I had already had the trip planned, and then the attorney for the dealership came in and purchased a new car for his daughter that lives in Portland, so they asked me to drive the new Malibu over and pick up the Trailblazer that they would be trading in...which meant that I ended up not having to pay for gas for my whole trip, which was nice! Saturday, we went to a bridal shower for Kristens cousin, whom I met about 5 minutes before the shower...Then we went down to Portland to exchange the vehicles, and meet up with my cousin Grace that is living in Portland, and the four of us went to Applebee's for a very entertaining dinner, we had a ton of fun! As we were about to leave, we looked outside and it was pouring down rain...it was crazy! We headed back to Ashley's and threw in a movie to fall asleep to. Ashley's mom was in the process of moving, so Sunday, I told Ashley that I would like to help her mom, at least for a little while...we, along with Ashley's brother and sister-in-law, helped as much as we could...as the day was winding down, we stopped by Burgerville for a quick bite to eat before our last loads...the last load of the day was the fridge, we managed to get it up in the back of the pickup rather easily...as we were trying to unload it, Joel, Ashley, and I made a ramp out of two 2x12 pieces of wood. I was at the bottom of the "ramp" to make sure it didn't budge...well, needless to say...the ramp moved and the ramp, Ashley, and the fridge landed on my right middle finger. After icing it as much as I could stand, Ashley washed my hair over the side of the tub, and we got ready to go and do something else that night...we ended up at Shari's Restraunt, along with Kristen and their friend Ben...after a difficult meal, we were off to the 24 hour WalMart to play around...and then again, back to Ashley's to watch a movie...as the movie got over it was about 4 am, but we jumped in the car and went to visit some other friends..which put us going to bed around 6am...we're young, right?! Monday, we got up a little later, obviously, and got ready and went on a tour of Camas, did some shopping at Kohl's, and then grabbed a quick bite, and some ColdStone ice cream for dessert, and then I was back on the road, headed for Pullman. Well, after a full day at work, I went up to the hospital to get some x-rays on my finger, just to prove to my mom that it wasn't broken...After 3 hours in the hospital, I got the news that my finger is broken in 3 places, and not looking (or feeling) all that great...So, I'm in a splint, with a careful eye on some things that the doc told me to watch, or I'll have to get some surgery done. So, I guess Mom was right, it was broken, and it is definitely not fun to deal with, but oh well...such is life..all in all, it was a great weekend, and I'm so glad I was able to go!! (P.S. this was very difficult to type, just so ya'll know! haha)
Kristen, Ashley, Grace, and I at Applebee's

We convinced our waiter to help us out with a picture too
We tend to forget we have camera's until we are driving in the car...you'll notice
The girls at our best...about 2:30 in the morning

Saying goodbye to Ashley's momma

The beginning stages of the finger...didn't look all that bad yet

Icing my finger in a smoothie shop in Vancouver, WA...

Comments

Crystal said…
Oh the sacrifices you make to kep us posted on your life. What a champ!!
.:sommersclan:. said…
That sounds like it was a way fun weekend. Your finger looks pretty sore. Hopefully it won't take too long for it to start feeling better. And by the way you are looking awesome. I can't wait to see you in July!!!!

Popular Posts