.:Hand in Hand:.

So, Shari and I had made the sign in book for Shareena's wedding, and she asked me to write a poem to put on the last page. This is what I came up with...Just thought I'd share it with ya'll!! Give me any feedback! Thanks!


.:Hand in Hand:.
Each individual journey starts at a very young age
Ever changing and growing with each turn of a page.
You always think you know what it is you're looking for
When someone the complete opposite walks through the door.
They sweep you off your feet, and steal your stubborn heart
From that moment forward, you don't like being apart.
As you study this person up close and from afar
Knowing full well they exceed where you once set the bar.
To you this committment is for all eternity
And so it begins, this amazing, worthwhile journey
Kneeling at the alter, gazing in each other's eyes
The love that consumes the room is really no surprise.
Looking down this new road, at the beginning you stand,
With the one you love standing by your side, hand in hand.
~Shannon Sommers Aug. 18, 2008

Comments

.:sommersclan:. said…
That is such a cute poem. You are so good at putting words on paper. I sure that Cerena and Paul will really appreciate all that you have done for them. I wish that you would have been my maid of honor:(

Popular Posts