.:BiRtHdAy:.

Well...it came and went...the big 2-3! (Johnny thought I was turning 21! haha) And low and behold, it all started at 12:01am with a Happy Birthday text from Jared...I left it at that, knowing that I had to be to work early because my new secretary had the day off, and I needed to get some sleep at some point...so, bright and early I got up and started getting ready for work..Shari kept calling because every year it's her goal to be the first to tell me happy birthday...(she's yet to succeed! haha) But, hurrying to get ready, and running a little late I didn't have time to talk to her, so, I called her back and talked to her on my way to work. Well, I got to work and Geoff was having a personal crisis so with that, and my secretary being gone...I was basically by myself in the office...kinda boring! haha The fingernail of the finger that I broke got ripped off in a freak candy bin accident, and I hit my elbow real hard on the corner of my desk. But onto happier things! haha My phone kept going off constantly, it's nice to have those that you love let you know that they are thinking of you on your birthday, and can take a second to call or text...a simple thing but it means a lot, especially since the majority of them live pretty far from me! I was pretty bummed leading up to my birthday, because for the last five years Shareena and I have done really fun things to celebrate birthdays, and so I was pretty sad that she couldn't be there for my birthday. She has always gotten me pink roses on my birthday too... Even though she couldn't be here, she didn't let me down...I was so surprised when I got a delivery of flowers from Shareena! They are so pretty! White daisies and of course, pink roses! Thanks Bean!! I love you!
Like I said, I had lots of voicemail that came in throughout the day. Johnny had called, as well as Tammy and Talmadge, Mandy, I got your message, thank you!...Ashley Jo's message cracked me up though...as I said, I was in the office by myself, so it was pretty quiet and I started listening to her message and just starting laughing out loud really hard, and everyone was looking at me like I was crazy!! Mom sang happy birthday to me while she was in the middle of JCPenny, and Dad called me at work and we talked for a bit, I had to cut it a little short since I had to answer phones...Geoff, my manager, with all that he had going on that day, he was still really sweet and got me a card with at gift card to Old Navy and brought me my favorite drink from Starbucks! Shari and the boys came in and brought me a really neat plant (hopefully I won't kill it cause it's really cool looking) and some new lounge pants that I love! along with some new hair product! Thanks Shari!! I went to lunch with a friend, Cassie, we decided to go on a picnic...it was actually really fun, and it was just nice talking to her! On the way back to work I had to stop and renew my driver's license...why don't those pictures ever turn out good? I swear!! FINALLY, 5:30 rolled around and the real party could begin! haha I was just excited cause I could finally call people back! I called and talked to Johnny for a bit, it was so nice to catch up with him, and Tammy, I tried to call you guys back, but couldn't track ya down!! Jared had told me earlier that he was going to pick me up at 6 and to not dress too comfortable (he knows that I'm pretty quick to put on the shorts and tank after work, especially with this heat we've had!) So, I hurried and got ready, and Jared came and picked me up...he was dressed in a shirt and tie and brought me a pink rose! It was really sweet (he had thought that the 15th was on Thursday and had gotten a limo to take us to dinner, but when he realized it was on Friday, they were booked and he couldn't get one for Friday, so no limo, but the thought was soooo sweet!!) We went to dinner, and he said that the rest of the night was up to me...we were trying to figure out what to do, and for me, I have ALWAYS done dinner with Shari and her fam on my birthday, and I wanted to spend time with them too, so we called them up and told them that we wanted them to join us for huckleberry shakes at Cougar Country (best shakes ever!!) We look forward to huckleberry shakes every summer, and when I was driving to work that morning they had put up the sign that they were finally here! (It really was my birthday!! haha) After shakes, we decided to just go back to my place, I wanted to watch the Olympics and see how Lindsey did in her race, plus Jared had to get up pretty early for work, and he has an hour drive home...All in all, it was a great day!!! I still love birthdays, and not just mine! So, thank you to everyone who let me know that you were thinking of me on Friday, it means so much!! I love you all, and will see you soon, I hope!!
(the pics that Shari took turned out better, but these will do until I get them from her!)

Comments

SommersFam said…
Sounds like your birthday was a fun day. Sorry we missed your call back!! Is Jared your new guy "friend"? He is a cute guy! Glad your birthday was a good day. We love you!
DJ and Melissa said…
Ok Chica, you have some explaining to do. Call me.
.:sommersclan:. said…
That is a cute pic of you two. I just want you to know that I tried to call you to say Happy B-day but I forgot to leave a message and then by the time you called me back I had a crazy rough day--I know that is no excuse--Anyway PLEASE except my applogy. I love you and hope that you had a great day. I hate that I missed it. Maybe some day you will be back home and we can celebrate:)
Unknown said…
I have so much to ask you, I'll text you instead.
xoxo

Popular Posts