.:Writing:.

One thing that I don't think that most people know about me, is that I like to write...it's my way of expressing myself and my emotions...I have been doing so for about six years now, and seldom share with others what I have written...I'm going to try to let people in a little bit more...I wrote a poem about my dad shortly after he had major surgery removing a large tumor, being very scared and unsure of what my family's future had in store (this would be when I first turned to writing as a release 6 years ago)...Unfortunately I cannot seem to find it and it makes me so mad! So, I gathered my thoughts today and came up with something similar...

.:The Other Superman:.

There is a man-he is called Superman
And of this man I am his number one fan.
I'm not just going along with a fad
Because this Superman's name is simply Dad.
Always standing so big and so tall
But when you're little every thing's big after all.
Doing all he could to keep us all at ease
Wanting nothing, but all of us to please.
Then all of the sudden we got a phone call
Dad is sicker than we thought after all.
A man who rarely even caught a cold
Now making sure as a family we would not unfold.
Quickly I found it hard to be home
All of the sudden I felt so alone.
I find myself praying with all of my might
Please don't let this be MY Superman's kryptonite.
The tumor is bigger than they had thought
I can now feel my stomach turning into a knot.
How can this happen-this can't be his only chance
Because at my wedding I want my daddy dance.
Moving from panic quickly to prayer
I look to my left and see my Superman laying there.
He has always stood so tall and so strong
This must be a dream, it just feels so wrong.
He finally came home, but the days just seemed longer
Quietly observing him daily, he slowly got stronger.
The years have past and just looking you wouldn't know
What my Superman has been through, with just a scar to show.
Father by day, Superman by night
The best example to me has won this fight.
So many followers a Superman has had
But mine will always be the man I simply call Dad.

Comments

You're amazing. You got me tearing up reading that actually... way to catch my attention and grab my emotions. Beautifully written, you painted the feelings and events with your words so well!

I didn't know you liked to write... me too :).

Popular Posts