.:The best example I didn't realize I had:.

As I said in my last post, I broke my finger pretty good, and I am still in a splint for the next, at least two weeks. Well...the finger that I broke is on my right hand, my writing hand...so I have been writing left handed for the last month, I have improved from a kindergartner to maybe a fourth grader as far as penmanship is concerned! You have to focus and concentrate so hard to write with the opposite hand to make it somewhat legible. A few days ago I wrote a five backwards and I got so upset! The frustration of knowing your abilities and seeing them in your head, and not being able to perform them as you know you can is very disheartening. Which goes further than writing...the everyday mundane things that you do, that you don't think not having one little finger to use would affect you all that much...but washing your hair, brushing your teeth, make-up, holding a phone, typing, etc...It seems that all things have been slowed down because of a measly finger being broken...As I was feeling sorry for myself the other day, it really got me to thinking that IT IS just a measly little finger...I can still walk, I can still work, I can still laugh, I can still play guitar hero...So what if I have to wake up a few minutes early to get ready...As I was putting things into perspective, someone came to mind...a special someone...my nephew Jackson.


Jackson Ray Sommers


As I thought about him, and the struggles that he has had, and the frustrations that he encounters on a daily basis, he still has a smile on his face. He has got to be one of the happiest 2 year olds I've seen. Just seeing a picture of him, or hearing his voice in the background makes me smile, from the inside out...Let alone when I am able to be in is amazing presence, I am the proudest aunt. Don't get me wrong, I love all of my nieces and nephews very much! There is just a very special spirit about Jackson that is always apparent! The amount of patience the he has, in a very impatient world is remarkable. When he is with his cousins and they are all running around, he just crawls his fastest to keep with them, smiling and giggling the entire time! And the amount of pride you can see in his face when he has his walker and can walk around is heart warming! I've always said that I hope the he will walk, and you look at his face and see in his eyes that he has faith that he will walk...He is always teaching all involved in his life quiet lessons, that you won't learn unless you sit and think about them...which has taken me two years to finally learn a lesson that he has taught me. Our Father in Heaven does not give us challenges that He knows that we will not be able to handle...so if my biggest challenge so far has been a broken finger and I can barely handle that...I can't imagine what a wonderful man that Jackson will grow up to be!! He gets stronger everyday, and because of him, my family's faith grows stronger every day as well... I know that there are many people out there that have struggles and frustrations on a higher level, and I cannot fathom having to deal with that, but I can only speak from personal experience, as I've watched my own family...Jackson has taught me so much, I can't wait to learn more! Although one of the youngest in my family, he is one of the strongest! Heavenly Father gave him the best parents possible! Barry and Katie have done such a wonderful job in raising this little guy! He wouldn't be close to this happy anywhere else! I'm excited to see the progress that will take place now that he is able to go to Shriner's Hospital! He knows no limits! I love all of my family very much and am so thankful to them for their love and support in return! I would be very lost without them! And to Jackson: Thank you for all of life's lessons! I feel as though I have failed you as an aunt, because I'm supposed to be the one teaching and helping you! You may be small, but you are one of my biggest examples in every aspect! I love you so much my little angel!!

If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart.. I’ll always be with you.


~Aunt Shanni~








Comments

.:sommersclan:. said…
Shannon thank you so much for saying all of the things that you said. I really needed to hear that. I was honestly bawling my eyes out. It means so much to me to know that my little angel is loved do much by you. You are such an awesome sister and aunt. We love you so much. And thank you for all of the hope that you give to me. Jackson loves you just as much or more than you love him. And I know that he appreciates all that you do. Once again you must have known that I needed to hear that. Just to know that my angel can help someone by his strenghts makes it all worth it. Cause I know that he teaches me how to be strong eveyday. I love you so much and absolutly cannot wait to see you:)
Valeria said…
Shannon: Your words are very inspiring and your post is very beautifully written. I think Jackson is very blessed to have you as an aunt just like you are blessed to have such an example in him. One other thing I would say is that, YES, Heavenly Father does not give you a trial you cannot handle, this is from someone who, in a short life, has seen quite a bit of bubbles bursting. You are absolutly right, the sun will always shine in the end if you keep positive and faithful. I love you so much and hope to see you very soon! You guys are my home away from home and I do not know what i would do without all of you to support me during my hard times!
.:sommersclan:. said…
Hey girl. I love reading your blog over and over. This is the tenth time and I still cried. Hey I just wanted you to know that I tagged you:)

Popular Posts